Project Assistant (Maternity Cover)< Back
Plandescil Ltd are currently seeking a full-time Project Assistant to assist with technical administrative duties at our office in Attleborough. The position is initially temporary to cover maternity leave from approximately April 2020 to January 2021, however, there is potential for the position to become permanent.
- Assist the Engineering Projects Team as required
- Paper and electronic filing
- Creating and maintaining project files
- Controlling the issuing and receiving of documentation
- Creating and updating spreadsheets
- Assisting with the submission and maintenance of planning applications
- Booking hotels and organising catering for meetings and events
- Organising company events e.g. team building, charity
- Ordering of equipment and clothing
- Ordering of statutory utility plans
- Preparing hardcopies of documentation and drawings for posting including printing, photocopying and binding
- Assisting with the production of letters and reports
- Spelling and grammar checks of documentation
- Telephone calls and written correspondence with clients, suppliers and local authorities
- Occasionally answering the telephone, greeting clients etc.
- Editing of aerial drone survey footage
- Covering other administrative staff member’s duties when they are away from work
- Any other duties that may become apparent or as requested
- Assistance with maintenance of website and social media presence.
Person Specification – Skills, Qualifications and Attributes
- Self-starter used to working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Team Player with a flexible approach and attitude.
- Strong IT skills with experience of programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential. Knowledge of Clickup, Toggl, QGIS or similar programs would be an advantage.
- English Language and Math to GCSE pass ‘C’ or equivalent.
- Must have proven organisation skills and experience for a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Enthusiastic and innovative approach to tasks.
- A keen learner with the ability to adapt to changing situations.
Plandescil Ltd was established in 1979 as a family run Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy. In July 2016 ownership of the company was transferred to a trust benefiting all the employees. We believe this will ensure that our core values of honesty and integrity will be maintained. Our aim is to provide ‘cost effective engineering solutions’ to our clients. We pride ourselves in making skilled engineering judgements to give practical, well thought through, buildable solutions, not computer generated generic answers and drawings.
Plandescil has been recognised as an Investor in People and continues to believe in training and developing all staff to their full potential. Training is mostly provided on the job supplemented with external courses and qualifications if appropriate.
Plandescil prides itself with providing a value for money service to clients. It is therefore essential for staff to have a commercial awareness and be able to meet tight deadlines, often under pressure from clients.
You will be expected to act as a flexible team member ensuring that the company provides an efficient value for money service to our clients. Skills such as good organisation, proactiveness, multitasking, working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, good English skills and competent in the use of computer programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.