Project Assistant (Maternity Cover)< Back
Plandescil Ltd are currently seeking a Project Assistant to help with Maternity Cover for our team in our Attleborough office.
Plandescil Ltd was established in 1979 as a family run Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy. In July 2016 ownership of the company was transferred to a trust benefiting all the employees. We believe that this will ensure that our core values of honesty and integrity will be maintained. Our aim is to provide ‘cost effective engineering solutions’ to our clients. We pride ourselves in making skilled engineering judgements to give practical, well thought through, buildable solutions, not computer generated generic answers and drawings.
- Assist Civil/Structures Team as required.
- Supporting the Director – Civils as required
- Effective use and management of programmes such as Clickup, Toggl and QGIS
- Creating and maintaining project files.
- Submitting and coordinating planning and building control applications and reviewing the application progress, liaising/reporting to the project team on the status of applications.
- Controlling the issuing and receiving of documentation.
- Creating and updating spreadsheets and documents in support of projects/business operations.
- Booking/organising meeting, hotels, flights, transport and arranging hire of equipment.
- Preparing hardcopies of documentation and drawings for posting including printing, photocopying and binding.
- Assisting with the production of letters and reports.
- Paper and electronic filing.
- Spelling and grammar checks of documentation.
- Telephone calls and written correspondence with clients and suppliers regarding projects.
- Occasionally answering general office calls, greeting clients etc.
- Covering other administrative staff member’s duties when they are away from work.
- Any other duties that may become apparent or as requested.
Person Specification – Skills, Qualifications and Attributes
- Self-Starter used to working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Team Player with a flexible approach and attitude.
- IT Skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook essential. Knowledge of Clickup, Toggl, QGIS or similar programs would be an advantage.
- English Language and Math to GCSE pass ‘C’ or equivalent.
- Must have proven organisation skills and experience for a fast paced multi-tasking environment.